After using Windows 8 for a while, get tired of the default Window 8 Start screen background and wan to change the Windows 8 Start screen background? Or do not want a user have the ability to change your Windows 8 Start screen background. No matter what you want, you can easily find answers in this article.
Part 1: How to Change Windows 8 Start Screen Background?
Window 8 allows its users to customize the Start screen’s background and text color to meet its users’ preference. Here is a simple guide about how to change Windows 8 Start screen background.
1. Go to Windows 8 Start screen and Type “start screen” in the search box. When the search results appear, click on the Settings category as shown below.
2. Now click on the option labeled “Start screen” and the Start screen settings page will be shown to you. You will see a numbers of background pictures available to change here.
3. To use a new background, simply select the background you wish to use by left-clicking once on it.
Note: You can also change the color of the text shown on the y selecting a different color from the row of squares under the background choices.
Part 2: How to Disable the Ability to Change Windows 8 Start Screen Background?
Windows 8 also enable its users to disable the ability to change the Start screen background. You only need to follow the steps below.
1. Go to Group Policy Editor. Type “Group Policy” in the search box and then click on the Settings category. Click on the Edit Group Policy option. Under the Local Computer Policy, expand the tree to the following path:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization
2. Double-click on the “Prevent changing start menu background” setting in the right-hand pane and its properties screen will open.
3. Select the “Enabled” and then click on the Apply button. Finally click on the OK button and close the Group Policy Editor. Windows 8 will not allow you to change the Windows 8 Start Screen background.
Following this steps you can easily change the Windows 8 Start screen background and disable the ability to change the Start screen background. And if you want to enable this feature latter, go back to the same setting and change it to “Not Configured”. Click here to see more Windows 8 tips.