Window allows us to have multiple users to share the same compute using different accounts. After Windows installed, administrators will create multiple accounts in Windows to allow different users to and delete useless user accounts from the PC. In this article, we will show you the easiest way to create or delete a user account in Windows 7/8/8.1. To be able to add or remove a user account, you must be logged in as an administrator.
Part 1: How to Create a User Account in Windows 7?
Windows 7 users can easily create a user account in “User Accounts” in Control Panel. Now let’s take a look at the details.
- Click on the Start button and open Control Panel.
- When the control panel opens, click on “Add or remove user accounts” under User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Now you are in the Manage Accounts control panel, click on Create a new account.
- Type in a name for the user account, select the user type for the created account (a Standard user or Administrator account), then click on the Create Account button.
- Your new account will have been created and it is recommended to create a Windows 7 password for this user account so that it will be password protected.
Part 2: How to Create a User Account in Windows 8/8.1?
Windows 8/8.1 introduced the ability to create and login as a Local account or a Microsoft account. Simple follow tutorial below create a local user account or a Microsoft account in Windows 8/8.1.
- Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen, and click “Settings”, “Change PC settings”.
- In Windows 8/RT, click on Users on the left side, click on “+ Add a user” under “Other users” on the right side, and go to step 4 below.
- In Windows 8.1/RT 8.1, click Accounts on the left side. Click “Other accounts” on the left side, click “+ Add a user” under “Other accounts” on the right side, and go to step 4 below.
- To Add a Microsoft Account in Windows 8/8.1, type in your email address and follow what it prompts you to create a Microsoft Account.
- To Add a Local User Account in Windows 8/8.1, Click on the bottom Sign in without Microsoft account link and click on the Local account button. Type in user name, password, and password hint to finish the creating process.
Part 3: How to Delete a User Account in Windows 7/8/8.1?
You might want to remove some user accounts if the account’s corresponding user is no longer available to use the PC. Removing a user account is easy and administrator can choose whether they want to keep the user profile, or they want to remove the profile of the deleted user account to wipe off all the traces of the account.
- Open Control Panel and click on “User Accounts”. Then click the Manage another account link.
- On Control Panel window, click User Accounts and Family Safely category.
- Click the User Accounts link and then click the “Manage Another Account link”.
- On Manage Accounts window, click the standard user account whose account is to be deleted.
- Click Delete the account on “Change an Account” windows.
- Now you can choose to remove or keep the user profile for the user account you deleted.
- Click “Delete Account” to remove the selected user account on “Confirm Deletion” window.
Now you must have a clear idea about how to create or delete a user account in Windows 7/8/8.1. If you like our article, don’t forget to share it with your friend in Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.