One of the remarkable features of Windows 8 is that the system prompts you to create a Microsoft account to log in Windows 8. Unlike the user passwords we used in Windows 7/Vista/XP which only apply to the local machine, Microsoft account enables its uses to extend their word on several devices capable of handling Windows 8. In this article, we will talk about how to sync settings in Windows 8 between tablets, smartphones and PCs.
Steps of Syncing Settings in Windows 8 between Tablet, Smartphone and PC
With the Microsoft account, you can automatically sync your personalization like settings Windows colors, wallpapers, lock screen and themes and Ease of Access settings, language preferences, browser history, bookmarks, favorites, and search preferences, keyboard, display, mouse and other input devices’ settings, account picture, your saved passwords for certain apps, and even certain settings and saved preferences in your apps.
Here is how to do it:
- Move your mouse pointer over the right corner of your screen to open the Charm and then click Settings.
- Then hit More PC Settings to open PC Settings.
- Select Users from left sidebar under PC Settings, and click on the “Switch to a Microsoft account” from main window. Make sure you have any Microsoft email account like hotmail, live, outlook account.
- Type your Microsoft email address and then click on the Next button.
- Enter your email and password and click on the Next button. And add security info; then click on the Next button.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
- After the account has been set up, return to the PC Settings menu and you will find a new item named “Sync PC Setting” listed here. Simply click on it.
- Select the options you want to turn on by clicking on it. And you will sync settings in Windows 8 between tablets, smartphones and PCs
To sync Windows 8 user settings between PCs, smartphones and tablets via Microsoft account is very easy following these steps. For more Windows 8 tips, click here.