Windows Update is a Microsoft service that’s used to provide updates like service packs and patches for the Windows operating system and other Microsoft software. After you installed Windows 8.1, you will be asked about how you’d like Windows Update to work. You are also allowed to change those settings whenever you want. This article will show you how to change Windows Update Setting in Windows 8.1.
It is really easy to change Windows Update Settings in Windows 8.1 and making changes to Windows Update in Windows 8.1 should only take a few minutes. Here is a detailed guide about how to do it and steps below also apply to Windows 8.
1. Open Windows 8.1 Control Panel and click on the System and Security link.
2. In the System and Security window, click on the Windows Update link.
3. Click or tap the Change settings link to the left when Windows Update opens. This will open a window with a Choose your Windows Update settings heading.
4. Make changes you want and after you’ve made your choice, click the OK button to confirm the changes.
Details of Windows Update Settings in Windows 8.1
1. Check, Download, & Install
You can choose Install updates automatically from the drop-down box under Important updates to fully enable automatic updates.
2. Do Not Check At All
You are allowed to choose “Never check for updates” from the drop-down box under Important updates to completely disable automatic downloads, installations, and even checks for updates.
3. Check & Download
You can choose “Download updates but let me choose whether to install them” to make Windows Update to check for, and download, available updates. But the updates won’t install until you choose to install the updates.
4. Check Only
Choose “Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them” to stop Windows Update from downloading and installing updates.
Now you must have a clear idea about the details of Windows Update in Windows 8.1 and how to change Windows Update Setting in Windows 8.1. For more Windows 8 tips, click here.