I can’t send or receive e-mail from my iPhone 5! What can I do? Thanks for help!
iPhone is really a convenient tool of people to receive and send email whenever and wherever they want to. However, many iPhone users complained that they can’t send or receive e-mail from iPhone. In this article, we list several solutions for you to solve the problem that iPhone unable to send or receive email.
Solution 1: Restart Your iPhone Device
If your iPhone can’t receive or send email, you need to restart your iPhone first to see if this works.
1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red “slide to power off” slider appears, and then slide the slider.
2. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 2: Check Your iPhone Whether Has Internet Access
If the restarting doesn’t work for you, you need to ensure that your iPhone has Internet access. Tap Safari and attempt to load a webpage to see if your iPhone has Internet access.
Solution 3: Try an Alternative Internet Connection
If your iPhone has Internet access but you still cannot receive or send email, you can try an alternative Internet connection.
1. If your email is provided by your Internet provider, try connecting from the home network.
2. If your iOS device has an active cellular data plan, try to disable Wi-Fi: Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi.
Solution 4: Enter SMPT Server Password
If you have tried the first 3 solution but still can’t send or receive email from iPhone. Then it may be because the SMPT server needs a password but you didn’t enter it.
1. Go to the iPhone email settings, select the account and then scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server settings.
2. Click on the SMPT settings, then on the primary SMPT server, you will see that there is a field for password.
3. Just click on the password field and enter your SMPT password and this should solve your problem.
There are some other solutions for your reference.
1. Log in to your email provider’s website to ensure that the account is active and the password is correct.
2. Delete the account from Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then add the email account again on the iOS device.
These 4 solutions mentioned here are most used by people who can’t send or receive email from iPhone. For more iPhone tips, click here.